News - Full Report
Newsflash - January 2019
An exciting Emmaus year awaits …
May 2019 be a special year for you and yours, and for our community moving forward in nurturing individuals towards growing God’s kingdom here on earth. We are excited at the prospect of a Chrysalis Flight and an Emmaus Walk planned for 2019 and also many fellowship opportunities.
We encourage you to join us on this journey in whichever way the Lord leads you.
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the board members (old and new)
Community Lay Director - Lianne Kritzinger
CLD Ex-Officio - Debbie Derry
Community Spiritual Director - Ronnie Allwright
Training - Alwylene Allwright
Registrar - Judi Slade
Secretary - Jacqui Brill
Outreach - Jacquie Pullen
Music/Entertainment - Shan Oxenham
Agape - Felicity Francis
Treasurer/Fundraising - Clare Wyatt-Goodall
Accountability groups/Gatherings - Viv Barton
Team Formation - Russell Richards
Supplies/Logistics – Vacant
Please feel free to contact any board member at any time. Contact details on the PE Emmaus web site - http://www.pe-emmaus.co.za/board.php
It is with joy that we announce that the preparations for the upcoming Chrysalis Flights #11 and #12 are underway. Our Lay Directors are Raynier de Koning (Flight #11) and Liesl Ah Shene (Flight #12).
Here are some things the Port Elizabeth Emmaus Community can do to get behind this initiative:
1. Fill in a volunteer form and join the team. Here is a chance to help sow into young lives and show God's love. Online volunteer forms are available on the PE Emmaus website - https://www.pe-emmaus.co.za/cteam.php They are quick and easy to fill out - just a click of a button.
2. Pray about a young person in your community, your church or your family that you could sponsor and start spreading the word. Applications are also available from the PE Emmaus website - https://www.pe-emmaus.co.za/applicationforms.php
3. Pray for the Team Selection Committee, the preparation, potential caterpillars and volunteers.
4. Find out how else you can get involved in the PE Emmaus Community.
What you may need to know:
1. Flights #11 and #12 will be held together at Cape Recife High School from 21 to 23 June 2019.
2. Cost for caterpillars is R800. Caterpillars must be between the ages of 16 and 23 years.
3. Cost for team is R900 inclusive of training. There is no age limit for volunteers. Young or not so young, energy or wisdom - everyone has something to contribute.
Let's show the world what it’s really like to be the hands and feet of Christ.
1 Peter 4:10a: As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.
There are numerous fellowship opportunities in the pipeline for 2019. As soon as the event, time and place are finalized we will let you all know. We look forward to seeing you all again.
If any member of the community has any bright ideas for a fundraiser, or is willing to host a fundraising event for Emmaus please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or any other PE Emmaus Board member.
PE Emmaus is celebrating their 20th birthday this year. As such we are hosting the EMSA (Emmaus Ministries South Africa) AGM at the end of the year 7-10 November 2019. (This is a costly undertaking hence the need for fundraising.)
Thank you to everyone in the community who has responded thus far. We will certainly need your continued support as we welcome guests from all over South Africa and from abroad.
We will be asking for your “hands and feet” as we set sail and tackle the challenges that lie ahead with unity and enjoyment … so please can we have all hands on deck.
With the Lord by our side may this event be a blessing to all.
For any queries please contact Stella Swanson (083 227 9479)
Community Lay Director
Date Added: 2019-01-30