News - Full Report
of AGM and birthday celebrations, Gathering, September Emmaus walks and Pledges
Dear Emmaus Community
It is with much sadness that we cancelled our Chrysalis Flights #11 and #12. Although we had full teams ready to start training we did not have enough caterpillars, boys or girls... and without caterpillars the flights cannot go ahead.
On that note, Emmaus is almost upon us with the cut-off date for pilgrims 31 July and we would not like a repeat of what happened with Chrysalis.
SO PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING
- Be Part of Team: We all know it is better to give than receive so... get your volunteer forms in to work on team on Emmaus in September https://www.pe-emmaus.co.za/applyforteam.php
- Sponsor a pilgrim: Remember how much of a blessing your walk was for you? Pray for prospective pilgrims and fill in the application forms https://www.pe-emmaus.co.za/applicationforms.php
- The Walk is for anyone from the age of 21 and up who is walking closely with the Lord.
In Acts 3: 1-11 Peter and John heal a crippled beggar instead of giving him money. Jesus calls us to help those who are worse off than us. Would you be prepared to buy one hamburger for one person once a month?
As the cost of daily living escalates so the walks get more expensive. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to offer the walks at a discounted fee? If everyone in the community would be prepared to pledge R50 per month to Emmaus, we would be able to drop our fees, so many more people would then enjoy the opportunity of having their lives radically changed. They would then be able to go out and change the lives of others in a meaningful way.
Is this not what we are asked to do? Make a meaningful change in the lives of the people around us?
Instructions on how to Pledge
- Download this pledge form https://www.pe-emmaus.co.za/downloads/file/pdf/my_emmaus_pledge.pdf
- Print and Complete the form and email form to: email@example.com
- Log on to your bank
- Click to load a payment
- Add all the beneficiary details (For the reference put Your name + the word “Pledge” )
- Please add email: firstname.lastname@example.org to email proof of payment
- Once beneficiary has been added click add recurring batch and put in your amount you want to pledge, beneficiary reference and your reference.
- Click finish / done.
- Congratulation, you have completed your pledge application.
Please contact our treasurer Patricia Scott (083 227 4499) if you have any other queries.
AGM AND BIRTHDAY
As you probably know by now, the PE Emmaus Community is celebrating their 20th birthday in November this year. Please join us for the birthday tea on the Saturday afternoon (more details to follow soon). We, the board, can feel the excitement rising.
We will also be hosting the EMSA (Emmaus Ministries South Africa) AGM. This not only gives us the opportunity to write the Emmaus Exam, but also to attend some of the interesting discussions of what Emmaus is about.
Are you interested?
Is your reunion group hosting a gathering?
Can you use it as a fund raising activity?
For any more information or interest in the celebration weekend please contact
Stella Swanson (083 227 9479)
GATHERING AND FUNDRAISER
It may have been a while since you connected with the Emmaus family, come along to one of our gatherings, bring along your accountibility groups, let's keep that flame burning.
Any enquiries please contact Karen du Preez (079 563 1369)
Any enquiries please contact Debbie Derry (083 354 9793) or Stella Ashworth (072 680 5492)
Community Lay Director
Date Added: 2019-05-21